NETGEAR: The wireless router is a very important device that is used to get us connected to the internet or creating a network at our workplace or home. You can also connect various devices to the router and can share files and folders with other devices. And Netgear is a brand that is famous all over the world for manufacturing routers. And the routers of this brand gives quality service throughout its span. But some of the wireless routers may create some problem while connecting you to the internet or network. So here I am going to show you How to Troubleshoot Wireless Router Problems of NETGEAR?
Steps to Troubleshoot Wireless Router Problems of NETGEAR:
The router that you are using has been connected to the internet and worked good in the past then there is no problem with the network of the internet service provider. So below are the following solution.
- First, you have to disconnect the wireless function and connect your PC directly to your router through Ethernet cable.
- Then reboot the PC and take a look at the internet connection.
- If there is no internet connection then reboot the router and any modem connected with it.
- You can also connect your PC to the modem directly without connecting it to the router.
- Then also if you are not getting any network on your router then contact your Internet service, provider.
If the issue is still going on with your router, then go through the following steps.
- Connect your PC to the router with a LAN cable and open the web browser such as Internet Explorer, Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.
- Then go to 184.108.40.206 or 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 or http://www.routerlogin.com.
- You have to enter the username and password to make it work again.
Some tricks that you can use to make your connection better:
You can go to the different wireless channel:
- First, you have to click on the wireless settings under the setup menu.
- There you have to change the channel according to your wish.
- Select apply, and then you will see the improvement in performance.
You can also try by reducing the wireless settings.
- Go to wireless settings and click on advanced.
- There change the fragmentation length of your router and bring the cts/rts threshold values to 2304.
- Then click on apply and see the improvement in performance.
Some Important things that you should Keep in mind Regarding Wireless Router Problems:
- You should try to stay in the range of router because the further you go the strength of the single gets weak.
- Try to keep the router in the middle of the home or office so that it could cover the maximum space of that place. And also try to keep it away from huge objects that may block the signals of your router.
- The more device is connected to the router and using the bandwidth; the less bandwidth is available for every device.
- Try to keep your router away from other transmitting devices, so that you could get a good network connection. These devices may create a problem with your network.
- You must use the antennas of the routers to get maximum performance. It is best to mount the router vertically rather that horizontally for getting the maximum performance.
- You must keep the router 3 feet away from the cable so that the modem could not create any kind of interference with the signal of your router.
- You also might get a good internet connection for using the full potential of the router that you are using.
The above written are the tips through which you can get the how to Troubleshoot Wireless Router Problems of NETGEAR?. So your work goes on smoothly without any disturbance from your router. Now it would be easy for you to fix the router troubleshooting problem. Comment below if you have something to add regarding this problem.